Dodge County Wills, Estates, Marriages
Dodge County was created in 1870 from parts of Montgomery, Pulaski, and Telfair counties. It was named for William E. Dodge, a New York businessman who owned large tracts of forest land in Georgia. Dodge helped persuade Congress to remove taxation from timber and made a gift to the county by building its first court house in 1908.
Probate Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Marriages from Newspapers 1885 to 1886
- Dodge County Wills 1878-1901 (abstracts).
- Annual Returns and Vouchers, Bk A (1871 to 1888)
- Annual Returns and Vouchers, Bk B (1888 to 1894)
- Annual Returns and Vouchers, Bk C (1893 to 1901)
Tons of Genealogy Records to Help you Find your Georgia Ancestors