Dawson County Wills and Estates
Dawson County was created in 1857 from Lumpkin County. Later a portion was taken from Gilmer County. County seat is Dawsonville. (In 1850, Calhoun was called Dawsonville before it was renamed.) The County was named for Judge William C. Dawson. Researchers should also search Lumpkin County.
Dawson County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Dawson County Marriages 1858 to 1883
- Dawson County Wills 1857-1862 (abstracts).
- Index to Dawson County Annual Returns, Books D & E, 1835-1854.
- Index to Dawson County Wills, Guardians, Administrators, Bonds, Book B, 1857-1896.
- Minutes of New Hope Baptist Church 1843 to 1860
Tons of Genealogy Records to Help you Find your Georgia Ancestors