Hall County Wills and EstatesGenealogists should research the Cobb, Cherokee, Floyd, Hall and Forsyth County records for ancestors in this section of Georgia, as many families travelled together, intermarried, etc. Hall County was created in 1818 from lands ceded by the Cherokee Indians on July 8, 1817 in the Treaty of the Cherokee Agency. Additional Cherokee lands were ceded to Georgia on Feb. 27, 1819 in the Treaty of Washington which included the western portions of Habersham and Hall counties. In 1820 a land lottery was held for lucky drawyers, which granted 250 acres of land. It was named for Lyman Hall (of Connecticut), one of Georgia's three signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Hall County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Hall County Wills 1837-1867 (abstracts).
- Index to Hall County Miscellaneous Estates, Wills, AInventories, Appraisements, Annual Returns, Vouchers, Book A, 1819-1838.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book A, 1837-1867.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book R, 1868-1890.
- Hall County Marriages 1819-1850.
- Chastain, William (estate image).
- Chastain, William (inventory image).
- Chastain, William (administration image).
- Lockhart, Vincent, Agreement Between Heirs (1893)(image).
- McConnell, John Sr., LWT, transcription (1821).
- Thacker, William (estate image).
- Revolutionary War Soldiers from Hall County
- Revolutionary War Soldiers Eligible to Draw in Land Lottery
- 1836 Muster of Gainesville Dragoons
- 27th Regiment, C. S. A. Muster Roll
- Hall County Muster Roll, C. S. A.
- 1897 Civil War Reunion
- Hall County Pensions 1918-1921
- Hall County Roll of Invalid Soldiers Pensions 1914-1920
- Minutes of the Hopewell Church, Gainesville
- Sketches published in The Daily Times, Gainesville
- Residents of Cave Springs
- Settlers of the Nacoochee Valley
- Physicians in Hall County
- The Baptist Sun
- The Flowery Branch
|See how Easy it is to Read old Wills and Estates on Georgia Pioneers|
Learn if your ancestors left a will or estate record? An easy, quick (and free) way to find out is to click on the links below.
County Records of 8 Genealogy Websites
Become a Member
- GaGraduates.com (Graduates database from ca 1830 to 1925)
- SoutheasternGenealogy.com (Miscellaneous records in AL, LA, MD, PA, NJ
NY, TN, TX)
|BUNDLE RATE for 8. Access to all eight websites plus additional data in other States: Bibles, genealogies, civil war records, colonial records, marriages, wills, estates, special collections, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin.|
Membership to 8 Genealogy Websites - Reoccurring subscription with guaranteed low rate
|REOCCURRING SUBSCRIPTION WITH PAYPAL = $150 per year. Guaranteed low rate so long as your subscription continues to renew itself. You may unsubscribe at any time, however, to prevent the reoccurring charge, you must "cancel" before the renewal date. To do this, login to your PayPal account and select the cancel option.|
|About your password. Please allow up to 2 hours for your password. If not received in a timely manner, CLICK to send reminder|
|NEWEST ADDITIONS TO 8 GENEALOGY WEBSITES !|
Follow this blog by Email