cookieChoices = {};'

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Digital Images of Lowndes County, Georgia Wills

 

Lowndes County Wills and Estates

Lowndes County Court House
Lowndes County Court House. The first court house was a log structure built in Franklinville in 1828. When Lowndesville was named county seat in 1833, the wooden courthouse was moved from Franklinville. The next year, a new courthouse was built in Lowndesville, which in 1837 was renamed Troupville. A new court house was built in Lowndes in 1842 which burned in 1858. After that, the county seat was removed to Valdosta and another court house was built, which burned in 1869.

Lowndes County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
  • Index to Lowndes County Will Book A, 1871-1915.
  • Lowndes County Wills 1871-1901 (Digital Images).
    Index of Testators: Ashby, D. Burroughs | Ashley, Juliett M. | Back, William Melhuish | Barfield, Frederick | Barfield, Lafayette, General | Barnes, John D. | Basher, James A. | Bass, Bass, Mary Ann | Blanton, Edmond | Brinson, Sarah E. | Campbell, Maggie E., Mrs. | Coon, Isaac S., Dr. | Creech, T. P. | Drawdy, Levi | Fox, Thomas | Fry, W. E. | Harp, Warren J. | Jones, Allen | Jones, Mitchell | Lane, Benjamin | Lane, A. H. | Marshall, Matthew | Matthews, Jane (Mrs.) | McLeod, Daniel | McLeod, Archibald | Moore, Allen | Moore, Henry E. | Morgan, Mary Ann | Morris, George W. | Pembleton, Esther | Ray, W. A. | Sims, William A. | Slash, Underhill | Slaten, C. E. A. (Mrs.) | Smith, Owen | Stapler, John R. | Strickland, Charles | Swilly, Franklin | Waldhauer, Israel T. | Waldhauer, John C. | Wayman, Charlotte | Williams, Elizabeth A. | Young, Remer | Young, Roxey A. (Mrs.)

Subscribe and view documents

No comments:

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.