Clinch County Wills and EstatesClinch County was created on Feb. 14, 1850 by an act of the General Assembly (Ga. Laws 1849-50, p. 126). Georgia's 95th county was created from portions of Lowndes and Ware counties. Estate records do not begin until 1868.
Earliest settlers: Charles Cowart, Penelope Carter, Abraham Griffis, John Knight, Thomas Nettles, J. A. Osteen, Isham Pattison, David J. Sirmans, William E. Smith, John M. Williams.
Click on Me
Clinch County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Clinch County Marriages 1867 to 1874
- Index to Clinch County Marriage Licenses 1874 to 1889
Crawford, C. C.
Indexes to Probate Records
- Index to Clinch County Will Book C 1868-1911.
- Index to Clinch County Warrants of Appraisements, Book A, 1895 to 1916
- Index to Clinch County Warrants of Appraisements, Book B, 1896 to 1960
Follow by Email
Subscribe to www.georgiapioneers.com for 1 year - $122.00. This subscription includes free brick wall help with one of your Georgia Families. After you subscribe, please submit the issue here
Subscribe to 8 Genealogy Websites - $99.00 for 6 months! Save Everyone needs to research more than one State for ancestors. Give these records the opportunity to help you by subscribing at the lowest possible rate. Login from same page using the same password. Do not worry about getting recharged as there is a reliable automatic expiration.
- GaGraduates.com (Graduates database from ca 1830 to 1925)
- SoutheasternGenealogy.com (Digitized Wills in counties of: Carter 1794-1830; Jefferson 1802-1810;Johnson 1839-1900;Unicoi 1878-1887; Washington 1779-1800)